Jusbcuz Dezins

Sunday, January 6, 2013

Split Pea Soup Anyone

Relax Relax Relax.... I have just been taking a casual break from the same old same old, I decide to just relax. I find it hard to...JUST RELAX...I feel as though I am not accomplishing any thing. I woke up a little earlier than usual, & decide I was going to make Split Pea Soup with Ham today,got that going in my slow cooker, if you like peas you can imagine that my house smells pretty dang good right about now. I just throw dried peas, water & chucks of breakfast ham in a cooker, season with salt & pepper, simmer until peas are soft, or until delicious...Then you will have an evening meal,served up with dinner rolls, salad & in my case crackers & a cold cold glass of milk.... I love to cook when it's cold outside,(Like it is here where I live) besides you can use the heat from cooking to help warm the house up. So while I am sitting here with the aroma of my soup listening to some awesome songs on my I POD...Technology is so awesome. So my soup is getting about ready to turn the heat down,give your soup a little taste test to make sure you have the right amount of seasoning. Hubby will be so happy when he gets off work, a nice bowl of soup to warm him up...
Post a Comment