Today I am sharing steps for a wood hand_painted Cookie/Candy Jar lid
Steps need to finish a cookie jar lid from start to finish.
1. draw pattern onto the pine wood
2. cut the piece out with your saw, I use a scroll saw
3. sand the wood
4. wipe down for a nice clean working surface
5. transfer the pattern onto the wood
in this step I only transfer the basic color areas first, because if you add all detail you will have to add them back in later steps.
for instance in this project, I have a Snowman , so for now I only want his hat line from his face, his nose, & the hat band.
no eyes right this moment
6. base coat after each coat of paint let your project dry, I always add 3-4 layers of base paint.
in between each coat of paint I sand my project lightly with a piece of brown paper bag. this creates a smooth surface, so your project will look great when you are finished.
7. here is where you start adding finishing touches to your project.
8. here is where you have painted your item to please you, than add any finishing touch's you might like, for instance I have add embellishments to each lid, they when every thing is how you want it to be, spray your project with a gloss finish spray for protection. I use Krylon clear gloss spray. Then I has just a touch of spray glitter.
9. glue the wood stopper on the back of your lid, and you now have a DIY project you have finished.
We hope you enjoy our post today and if you have any questions please email me, as I would be more than happy to answer questions'
Have a great day